Fozzie came to me from PVAS down in the valley and was then named Scrappy. He was near feral, underweight, losing hair & loaded with parasites. I picked him up along with 2 other boys from PVAS over a year ago. Fozzie came in very fearful, likely from being beaten, & wanted to fight every dog that he passed. It took several months to earn his trust & get him back to health, but he was still timid & aggressive towards some of my male dogs. I spent over $800 to take him to a local behavioral trainer for 3 weeks so that he could be socialized & trust people. Fast forward 15 months & he is not only healthy & looking like a totally different dog, but he seems happier & more well adjusted around other dogs.
Breed/Color: Blk/Brwn/Wht Shepherd Mix or long haired Rottie mix
age: 3 yrs (estimated from stray intake)
weight: 55 lbs
fully vetted as of 4/27/19 (past due for shots)
HW positive (light positive on 4/9/19)
Currently on Simparica Trio for HW/flea/tick/parasite protection
- Needs shot updates, along with lepto & HW test
- he is a handsome guy that knows basic commands (working on shake)
- very active & loves roughhousing with the other female dogs.
- gets along with most dogs (some food aggression & growling towards specific other males)
- Loves Pup-peroni
- Crate trained & knows basic commands
- does good inside, does not chew & disregards cats/squirrels/birds
- Fozzie was my problem child, prior to training. He is very selective, in terms of dogs, on who he trusts & plays with. He's good with most dogs, but does not like specific alpha males such as my other foster from PVAS, Jasper.
- he likes to bark (we are working on that)
Fozzie is a even tempered dog & very curious about things. He is protective of his area but not aggressive. He just likes to lay around getting belly rubs & petted. He would be good in a single guy situation or in a mature family household and probably with only one other dog (preferably a female) or as the only dog in the house. The first picture here is him on Day One fresh from the Valley up to now and he looks & acts like a completely different dog. Someone, likely a male, abused him & he needs a stable situation to get over his fear & learn to trust.
Again,If there is anything else you need or in a different format, just let me know. I appreciate the help.