Lazarus came to me from San Antonio Animal Control & was picked up as a stray named Maxwell. I called to adopt on the day he was set to be put down. He was already in the euthanasia room & has paperwork that says he was dead, but clearly not. They brought him back out & allowed me to rescue him along with a couple of other dogs on death row. That's when I decided to change his name to Lazarus. He came 25 lbs under weight, full of fleas & ticks and bloody scars all over his body & face. He had clearly been in a recent fight. Fast forward 10 months and he is a calm & happy guy that we call "Big Baby".
Breed/Color: Red w/blk muzzle Great Dane/Mastiff Mix
age: 3 yrs 3 months (estimated from stray intake)
weight: 102 lbs
fully vetted as of 12/7/19
Currently on Simparica Trio for HW/flea/tick/parasite protection
- he is a handsome, go lucky big dog
- very active & loves roughhousing with the other dogs. He is aware of his size & plays subordinate most of the time
- gets along with most dogs (some food aggression & growling towards specific other males)
- Loves Pup-peroni
- Crate trained & knows basic commands
- does good inside, does not chew(not tested with cats)
- I really have no negatives with Lazarus. He's just a big lug that wants to be someone's walking buddy.
Super good dog. Does sniff other males & mark his territory but otherwise no issues. He would likely be best placed with other dogs around his size & in a mature household (no small children) where his size & energy level would work well. Or in a young couple situation or single outdoorsman scenario. He's very calm & protective of his human & very much a "big baby".