By submitting this application you agree to let Charming Pet Rescue verify information provided, as well as contact veterinarian and personal references. Adoption fees are considered a donation to Charming Pet Rescue and are NON-REFUNDABLE, except in the cases of pre-existing medical conditions not included in the animal's rescue medical history that were unknown by the rescue or not disclosed to the rescue by previous owner/caretaker. This is not an agreement to hold an animal, you must enter into an adoption agreement/contract with Charming Pet Rescue to finalize the adoption. Charming Pet Rescue reserves the right to refuse any adoption that we feel is not in the best interest of the animal. By submitting the above information you understand that omission of information and/or failure to answer all questions may result in this application being declined. Also, if an omission or untruth is discovered after an adoption is finalized, you understand that Charming Pet Rescue reserves the right to reclaim the adopted animal(s). In addition, you understand that the adoption decision is dependent on many factors including, but not limited to, the compatibility of the family and home of the individual animal, and other applications received on this animal. You understand that it is Charming Pet Rescue's prerogative to decide which home is most appropriate and that our decision is final. Unless otherwise indicated by Charming Pet Rescue, you understand that you are free to apply and undergo the application process in the future should this application be declined at this time.
Should you be approved, this also serves as the adoption contract and you agree the the following:
CHARMING PET RESCUE ADOPTION CONTRACT *As an adopter, I understand that I am committed to this animal for his/her life and I agree to abide by these adoption conditions. * For and in consideration of the covenants and agreements contained herein, including the full and continuous compliance with the terms and conditions of this agreement by the adopter as follows: 1) I will not keep the pet outside all the time. I will keep her/him as an inside / outside pet. I understand that the pet will be mostly inside and will ONLY go outside for exercise and brief recreation. Cats should only be allowed to go outside if they are fixed and have all of their claws.
2) By agreeing to this contract, I also agree NOT to declaw any cat I adopt from Charming Pet Rescue.
3) I will keep the pet on preventive heart worm/flea medications for the life span of the pet.
4) Cats adopted from Charming Pet Rescue are NOT to be given to a research facility or used for experimentation.
5) I also understand that if for ANY REASON I can no longer care for or want this pet; I will contact Charming Pet Rescue and will surrender the pet back into their care. NO REFUNDS will be issued in this case. If you can find a proper home suitable for the pet that would be a caring home, not keeping the dog as an outside pet, Charming Pet Rescue will need to be notified of the new home.
6) I also understand that Charming Pet Rescue has told me all of the medical, behavioral, habits, personality, etc… about the pet to the best of their ability, and if I have any further questions, concerns, or want / need advice about the pets – I may contact: Hilary Woodworth (210-843-8326 firstname.lastname@example.org)
7) I also understand that I release all liability against Charming Pet Rescue for any medical conditions, behavioral problems, etc… that may arise after I have adopted the pet.
8) I agree to keep an identification tag attached to a properly fitted collar which will remain on the adopted animal at all times, whether inside or outside of the house
9) I understand that any failure to perform the foregoing agreement will constitute a breach of contract. In the event of any such breach of contract, I authorize Charming Pet Rescue to reclaim both possession and ownership of the adopted pet.
10) I understand that the pet covered by these adoption papers, is as far as can be determined by Charming Pet Rescue, in good health and that Charming Pet Rescue is not responsible for any medical fees incurred on or after the adoption date.
11) The Adopter(s) agrees to keep this animal as a pet and family companion; it is NEVER to be used as a guard dog or as an outside only pet!!!
12) I also agree to accept this animal as is, and from this day forward, assume all risks and responsibilities for any damages to property, person or other animals that it may cause.
13) I fully release, indemnify and hold harmless Charming Pet Rescue, its directors, officers, volunteers and agents from any claim, cause of action or liability of any sort regarding this pet.
14) The undersigned adopting owner(s) agrees that all medical care and bills are their responsibility as of the signing of this agreement.
15) Charming Pet Rescue makes no guarantee or warranty as to the age or health of this animal. Adoption fees are not refundable, except in situations where a veterinarian deems the animal to be unhealthy within 3 days of adoption.
16) I understand that Charming Pet Rescue has told me if this pet is in the process of being house broken or has been fully house broken by Charming Pet Rescue. That being stated, I also understand that there is an adjustment period allowed to each pet and if the first few days to weeks the pet may have accidents in his or her new home due to anxiety or simply the newness of their situation. I agree to work with my new pet through this time.
16) I understand that there is an adjustment period that my new pet will go through and he or she might show behaviors that will fade over the next few days or weeks that I agree to be patient with. (This excludes biting a human person. In this case I agree to notify Charming Pet Rescue immediately!)
RETURN POLICY: THE ADOPTER(S) is expected to be in contact with Charming Pet Rescue via email or phone to let us know if the adoption is not going well. If you are unhappy with your pet, Charming Pet Rescue will gladly accept him or her back into the rescue. Please note that a refund will ONLY be issued during the trial period which is within the first 7 days; past that the adoption fee will be considered a donation. If Charming Pet Rescue feels that the safety of the animal is in question because of this “no refunds” policy, we will contact authorities to retrieve our pet, with this signed contract in hand. Please keep a copy of this contract as it is the ADOPTER(s)’S “bill of sale” and it proves that you now own the pet that you have adopted ** I certify that the information I supplied in the adoption application and adoption contract is true and I understand that providing false & misleading information may or will result in the nullification of this adoption. I have read and understand all the terms of this agreement.** *This agreement is the entire agreement and may not be changed or modified except by writing signed by both parties. In the event that any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid, the rest of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.*